Highlands County Parks have reopened.
Here is what you need to know:
1. Playgrounds that are part of a county park will be open
2. County boat ramps remain open
3. keep a distance of 6 feet from others
4. Consider wearing a cloth face covering
5. Do not gather in groups of 10 or more
6. Bring your own sanitizer and use it frequently
7. Don't over crowed parking lots and trailheads
8. Pick up your trash
9. Stay home if you are feeling sick
10. Playground equipment is not regularly sanitized
Richard "Ric" Fleeger began his career with the Highlands County Board of County Commissioners in May of 2006 and currently serves as the Parks & Facilities Superintendent.
The Parks & Facilities Department is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of all facilities owned and operated by the Board of County Commissioners. The divisions under Parks & Facilities include:
- Parks & Recreation
- Multi Sports Complex
- Facilities Management
The Parks & Facilities team provides responsive, cost-effective and high quality services in the operation, maintenance and repair of County facilities, parks and boat ramps. The team strives to maintain a functional and comfortable environment for the County departments, Constitutional Officers and the citizens, which the County serves.
The Parks & Facilities team is comprised of 38 members who oversee all maintenance issues for the county buildings, including indoor air quality, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, alarms, custodial services and grounds keeping.
We are dedicated public servants and proud to serve the citizens of Highlands County.