Phone: (863) 402-6628
The Healthy Families Highlands program equips parents and other caregivers with the knowledge and skills they need to create safe and stable home environments so their children can grow up healthy, safe, nurtured and ready to succeed in school and in life.
Trained home visitors provide parents and other caregivers information, guidance and emotional and practical support by:
- Modeling positive parent-child interaction to enhance their child’s development.
- Providing education on child health and development and the importance of immunizations and well-baby check-ups.
- Teaching about safe and unsafe sleeping environments for infants, coping with crying and other prevention topics.
- Conducting child screenings for developmental delays.
- Connecting families to medical providers and making referrals to other community services.
- Teaching how to recognize and address child safety hazards in and around the home, in the car, in and around water and in other environments.
- Helping to develop appropriate problem-solving skills and identify positive ways to manage stress.
- Promoting personal responsibility for their future and the future of their families by helping them to set and achieve goals, such as furthering their education and acquiring stable lives.
Healthy Families Highlands is a free, voluntary in-home parenting support program offered prenatally thru three months of age. Eligible families are provided parenting supportive services for up to five years depending on the needs of the family.
For further information about Healthy Families Highlands or if you are interested in receiving services please contact Cynthia Acevedo, Program Manager at (863) 402-6628.
Please visit Healthy Families Florida for information about the Healthy Families Program in Florida.